Nicolet National Bank wants you to be you – just as you are. Your background, experience, perspectives, thoughts, interests, and ideas make you a unique and valuable contributor to Nicolet's success. By uniting our diverse characteristics, Nicolet can take care of customers and achieve shared success.
The ideals of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are fundamental to the mission of Nicolet and are intrinsic in Nicolet's core value to "Be Personal" with customers and employees alike. These are related but distinct concepts. DIVERSITY means accepting people with background and experiences that may be different than our own – especially when others share values and ideas that are different. Genuine diversity does not reduce people to only one characteristic; instead, genuine diversity inspires people of very different backgrounds and beliefs to respect each other in the execution of a shared mission. EQUITY means treating people equitably in terms of compensation and opportunities, consider all their strengths and limitations. INCLUSION means ensuring that people are valued, heard, engaged, and involved at work and have full opportunities to collaborate, contribute, and grow in their own professional development. BELONGING means that people feel welcomed and respected in their environment so that they can be confident in sharing their diverse views and opinions. Every one of Nicolet's leaders, managers, and employees play a key role in making Nicolet a diverse and inclusive place to work. Please read this policy carefully and join Nicolet in its commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Nicolet's Commitments: Nicolet is committed to maintaining a workplace that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a culture that is free of harassment and hostility. In furtherance of this commitment:
- Nicolet designates the SVP Human Resources/Legal Counsel as its Diversity Officer, who is responsible for carrying out the objectives of this Policy. If you have any comments, concerns, or suggestions regarding diversity in your workplace, please contact the Diversity Officer (or, in the alternative, an EVP or the President/CEO of Nicolet) to share them.
- Nicolet partners with local civic organizations, high schools, college and technical schools, professional associations, and other organizations throughout our footprint to recruit diverse applicants.
- Nicolet offers equal training and advancement opportunities to individuals of all backgrounds. In addition to job-specific skills training provided to employees, Nicolet provides the following development opportunities to all employees:
- in-person and virtual workshops on various issues including development of technical skills, improving leadership, effective communication, and cross-training among departments;
- opportunities to job-shadow in order to expand knowledge of Nicolet and its functions;
- micro-learning modules are available to all employees through myTrailhead on various topics including history of Nicolet, products, and systems;
- educational materials through intranet on topics such as overall professional development, setting goals, improving communications, and building general leadership skills;
- opportunities to participate in outside leadership training organizations, workshops, or seminars; and
- a full library of self-study and instructor-led courses through BVS, which includes advanced training on various diversity issues.
- Nicolet strives to attract, recruit, retain, engage, support, develop, and advance under-represented and diverse employees, including women, people of color, and other under-represented employees.
- Nicolet expects that all employees will act with respectfulness, cultural awareness, and inclusivity toward others by:
- fostering a collaborative work environment in which all employees participate and contribute;
- empowering and providing a safe space for all employees to express themselves, exchange ideas, and feel heard;
- encouraging employees to be open and curious about others' experiences and perspectives; and
- completing annual training related to Nicolet diversity, harassment prevention, affirmative action, and whistleblower policies.
- Nicolet encourages employees to attend outside professional development courses, seminars, or other events that address diversity issues, and requires internal diversity related training for all employees on an annual basis.
- Nicolet strives to encourage collaborative support for under-represented communities through Nicolet's Volunteer Program.
- Nicolet provides financial assistance (through both lending and investment opportunities) to elevate financially disadvantaged communities.
- Nicolet maintains, enforces, and provides continuing education with respect to its policies relative to valuing diversity, equal employment opportunity, anti-harassment, affirmative action, nondiscrimination, pay transparency, and other similar policies.
- Nicolet will not tolerate or condone any adverse treatment based on any diverse characteristic (including, but not limited to, race, age, religion, sex, or sexual orientation). Nor will Nicolet tolerate any retaliation against any employee for reporting a concern or complaint under this policy in good faith.
There is no perfect recipe for maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace; however, Nicolet is committed to adopting or introducing new initiatives to keep this policy relevant, meaningful, and impactful to our employees. Nicolet uses employee surveys – including an annual survey to all employees and additional surveys to new employees) to elicit meaningful feedback relative to Nicolet's culture and overall employee satisfaction. Nicolet use this information to design and execute initiatives related to this Policy.
Nicolet's Requests from You. Talking about diversity and inclusion in the workplace can be a difficult conversation, but it is important. We invite you to share your ideas – even if those ideas challenge the status quo – as doing so will help Nicolet further its goals under this Policy.
Acknowledgment by Senior Leadership
As members of the Senior Leadership Team at Nicolet National Bank, we acknowledge and fully support the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Policy ("You Be You" Policy) adopted by the Board of Directors at the May, 2022 meeting.