Real Rewards Checking – Qualifications
Apply to open your account now.
- Real Rewards Checking is available for Consumer Deposits Only.
- Real Rewards Checking is a variable rate account. Your Annual Percentage Yield (APY) may change after your account is opened. APY is subject to change at any time, at the discretion of Nicolet National Bank. APY is accurate as of 12/10/2015.
- APY tiers are as follows:
- 3.00% APY applies to balances of $0.01 to $15,000 if qualifications are met each qualification cycle*.
- 0.10% APY applies to balances over $15,000 if qualifications are met each qualification cycle*.
- 0.02% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met during the qualification cycle*.
- All balances will earn from 0.02% APY to 3.00% APY each qualification cycle*.
- The following qualifying transactions are required to earn 3.00% APY and up to $10.00 of ATM fee reimbursements:
- Accountholder must enroll in e-statements and online banking. In order to receive account statements and other communications electronically you will need to establish an online banking account and enroll in e-statements online. If you do not establish an online banking account and enroll in e-statements you will receive your account statements and other communications on paper and will not qualify for 3.00% APY or ATM fee reimbursements.
- At least one posted and cleared direct deposit of payroll or social security each qualification cycle*.
- At least ten posted and cleared debit card transactions (ATM transactions and other transactions processed as ATM transactions do not count as qualifying debit card transactions) each qualification cycle*.
- Interest is compounded monthly. We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest earned on your account. The daily balance method applies a daily periodic rate to the account balance each day. Interest will be credited to your account each month.
- The stated APY of 3.00% assumes that all interest earned remains on deposit. Withdrawals of interest, including automatic transfers to a Real Saver account, will reduce earnings and APY. Fees may reduce earnings and APY.
- Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of noncash items such as checks.
- All Nicolet National Bank checking accounts are subject to credit approval.
- Limit of one Rewards (Real Cash Back or Real Rewards) checking account and one Rewards saver account per consumer.
- Member FDIC
*Each qualification cycle begins on the last business day of the month and ends on the second to last business day of the month. For a complete calendar of qualification cycles, please see https://www.nicoletbank.com/personal-banking/checking-products/real-rewards-checking/calendar/.
Purpose and Expected Use of Account
This account is intended to be the accountholder’s primary checking account in which payroll transactions and day-to-day spending activities including but not limited to grocery, gasoline, apparel, shopping, dining, sporting and entertainment transactions are posted and settled.
Commensurate with the spending activities identified above, we expect the account’s debit card to be used frequently throughout each month and for transaction amounts to reflect a wide dollar range. Small debit card transactions conducted on the same day at a single merchant and/or multiple transactions made during a condensed time period particularly near the end of a Monthly Qualification Cycle are not considered normal, day-to-day spending behavior. These types of transactions appear to be conducted with the sole purpose of qualifying for the account’s rewards and thus will be deemed inappropriate transactions and will not count toward earning the account’s rewards.
Nicolet National Bank reserves the right to determine if the account is being maintained for a purpose other than day-to-day, primary use. Accountholders who persist in making debit card transactions in a calculated and limited fashion in order to meet their monthly qualifications may have their accounts converted to a different checking account or closed altogether. We also reserve the right to convert the account to a different checking account if the account does not have consistent active use over 3 consecutive Statement Cycles.
We have the right to close this account at any time, with proper notice. Our decision to close the account will not affect your existing obligations to us including any obligation to pay fees or charges incurred prior to termination. No deposits will be accepted and no checks will be paid after the account is closed. If the account is closed, you will forfeit any rewards that have not been credited to your account. A Nicolet National Bank check for the remaining balance, if applicable, will be mailed to accountholder at the address indicated on our current records. Upon termination of your Real Rewards or Real Cash Back account, any optional add-on products / services associated with this account will also be terminated at the same time.